Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rainbow Freestyle


I really like manis that use striping tape and black polish, so I thought I would do another one (I did one once before I began blogging). Last time I used regular bright rainbow polishes. This time I went with neons, so of course I laid down a base of white to really make the neons pop. Some of these pictures are without cleanup because I didn't expect to take photos of the process. Hope you don't mind! :)





They were so bright and I was in love! I almost didn't even want to do anything to them, but I forged on.

 I couldn't decide what pattern I wanted to do,  so I started off with the zig-zag. I didn't love it, so I tried the grid and the fan pattern. The fiance's favorite was the fan on my thumb, so I did it on each nail on my second hand.



Do you play with striping tape? Have you tried a mani like this before?

3 comments:

  1. wow that's alot of work and a hundred pieces of tape! (or more) What's the trick to keeping the black sharp and neat? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I'm not sure I have a trick. Sometimes I put down a layer of SV before the tape so it has a completely smooth surface to lay on. And when I lift off the tape, I do it slowly. Black tends to get a bit tacky, in my experience, so I also used an orange stick to push back any tacky bits that strayed into my rainbow lines.

      This mani wouldn't be possible with out you and your striping tape! :D Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. I love this! Such a great effect!!!

    ReplyDelete